Friday, March 26, 2010

End of Rotation

So this is my last blog entry for this rotation.  I was worried by the end of five weeks I would be jaded, disillusioned, and unappreciative of all things policy and government related.  With all the twists and turns, unwritten rules, politics, disagreements, compromises, unilateral policy sweeps, tear-jerking testimonies, I don’t know how I could be disheartened.  It’s a system I’m determined to dominate, understand, and manipulate to my advantage.  Before you judge me as an egomaniacal power monger, I know, just like Spiderman, that with power comes responsibility.  I have a responsibility to my fellow pharmacists, the patients they serve, and the system to which we work under.  Besides, I have so much to learn about the profession I’m serving, the system intricacies, and the people who I represent.  So, as I continue my studies in the SAPh program, I will do just that: observe, absorb, reflect.  I want to make sure everything I do in the future corresponds with the needs of pharmacy and moves the profession forward.

As a shout out to Todd, I’d like to say my five strengths are showing themselves 200% in this rotation and it is becoming clearer who I am will become what I do.  Harmony is no longer passive aggressive but active and aggressive.  Input from the people I meet, the comments I hear, the needs I see keep me in the know and aware.  Deliberative allows me to be sure of my actions and my words.  Adaptability keeps me from getting behind when my thoroughly thought out moves no longer become a viable option. Consistency means people are always sure of my intentions.  I can’t help but write this with a slightly cynical attitude, (it would be rather inconsistent of me to talk about strengths without doing so). I haven’t always been completely on board with the idea but it’s wearing off. 

So, on a final note, I’d like to say thanks to MPhA for the opportunity to experience another world and for helping me see myself clearer.  I sincerely hope all of my classmates have the same opportunity for self discovery and mentorship that I have had here. 

And, you haven’t seen the last of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment