Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Final Blog

It is my fifth and final week on rotation with Minnesota Pharmacists Association. Although my rotation is complete there are several things I will carry forward. I will be attending all future Health Care Access Committee meetings throughout the remainder of the year. These are housed at the State Capitol approximately every three to four weeks. Attending these meetings has given me exposure to the deficits in health care and has helped me identify the areas in which pharmacy can contribute. MPhA has given me the opportunity to have a glimpse into the legislative process. I plan to use this glimpse to immerse myself in the discussions this legislative season. I am excited to see how the health care discussions evolve as we near the upcoming year.

My time at MPhA has inspired me to be a voice for my profession. In my future rotations I will apply the potential health care changes to that setting. I will be an advocate for the profession as I migrate from rotation to rotation. Policy involvement will be the continuity between the diverse rotations I have throughout the year. While each practice site will inevitably differ, they will collectively be affected by potential legislation in the spring.

With that being said, my rotation with MPhA is rather longitudinal and will continue throughout my career. I view my time at MPhA merely as a great introduction to a career of professional involvement. I have had a great experience with Julie Johnson, the staff at MPhA, the members, and all the groups affiliated with the organization that I was able to work with. Thanks MPhA!

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment