Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A week in review


As I sit here on the airplane going to CA, I find it funny that there are so many pharmacists and pharmacy students on board and then I put two and two together and realized that we are all going to ASHP.  Oh, my.  Just kidding. 
This past week at MPhA was fun filled with learning opportunities, teaching times and lunch relaxation with a good bean dip that allowed Michelle and I to have a great question and answer time with Julie about random things we would not have known about MPhA. 
We were able to sit in on a committee that is looking at rewriting the pharmacy practice act.  I thought this meeting was very informative and a little inspirational because all the pharmacists around the table had great input and real life experiences to draw upon in order to help update the act. It shows you that pharmacists are passionate about their careers and want to keep moving the profession forward. 
We also sat in on meeting with the Community Pharmacy Business Colalition.  This meeting was great to sit in on and showed me a side of pharmacy that I had not seen before. I was really interested in the discussion that the group was having about the new rules on technicians doing med rec.
I think the greatest thing about this past week was when we got the chance to sit down with Matt Lemke and talk a little bit about his job and ask him questions about politics in general and some of the struggles he runs into at the capital and get his view point on some of the changes that are happening at the capital in the next couple of weeks. I could really see that he is great at his profession, knows a lot about lobbying and also can see that he cares about the profession of pharmacy and is really dedicated to helping us advance are profession.
Well, my battery is about to die on the plane here, I hope that you all have a great week and I will write more next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment