Monday, March 5, 2012

Sean Kenny - Week 2


Hello Everyone,

My second week at MPhA began with a snowstorm.  As a consequence of the snow I spent the first few days of the week working on updating the pharmacist immunization page on the MPhA website.  I was able to update the important immunization information and even find some new information about the Minnesota Vaccines for Children Program.  It was interesting to review immunization information and evaluate how guidelines have changed since the last time I review them.  I am excited to see how the webpage turns out. 

Later in the week Lindsay and I went back to the capital for a follow-up meeting with the Minnesota Health Care Reform Task Force.  Some of the topics discussed during the meeting included updates on CMMI opportunities, an update on the citizens league, and also a panel discussion with administrators from major health care systems around the state.  The panel discussion was the most interesting section of the meeting because the organizations voiced their concerns about health care reform and unanimously seemed to support standardization of care across hospital systems.  I will continue to attend the task force meetings and follow their progress.

I wrapped up the week by working on a project to make independent study continuing education an option for pharmacy members of MPhA.  We are still at the early stages of the project, but I have been able to review some of the education material and begin to work with Renee to verify information and obtain accreditation for the education credits.  Next week I will continue to work on the CE project and hopefully have a working draft by the end of the week.      

No comments:

Post a Comment