Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Busy Week at the Capitol


This week was filled with meetings at the Capitol.  We had 11 meetings with Senators and Representatives.  Our typical conversations include letting the legislators know what is going on in pharmacy and educating on the issues that they might be seeing presented before this legislative session is over.  As talked about in previous blogs we are working on third party audits and trying to get more people access to medication therapy management.  Our bill should be jacketed late this week or early next then we can introduce it and hear some discussion on it in the house and senate.

I have been telling everyone I know that I am meeting so many Senators and Representatives but not the Governor.  This was all changed this Wednesday.  As Matt and I were waiting by the elevators in the State Office Building and talking about our meeting for the afternoon, in walked the Governor.  I can now say that I have shook hands with Governor Mark Dayton!

I also had a meeting with my district’s senate member, Senator Michelle Benson.  It was a good meeting and we talked about the schooling I’m getting to become a pharmacist as well as what this years legislative issues will mean to the future of pharmacy.  As I say every week, if you have not yet had the opportunity to meet with your legislator there is still time to make an appointment, call, email or write them and I encourage you to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment