Monday, February 21, 2011

Signing Out


Just wrapping up my last week here at MPhA, looking back I have had quite an eventful five weeks.  In the last five weeks I have organized two events, MidWinter and Legislative Day, with the MPhA staff.  I have called all of the representatives (27) and senators (13) on the Health and Human Services Committees.  We have successfully scheduled meetings with all but 5 legislatores so far and have gone to 28 meetings.  I have been able to see how an idea can make its way to the capitol by way of a bill and hopefully make its way into legislation to lead to positive changes in our profession.  By far the legislative session has been the biggest part of this rotation which has really opened my eyes to what goes into making decisions about laws.  As I have said every week…take a few minutes to reach out to your legislators and let them know you are in their district, it does not take much but could really help you and the profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment