Thursday, February 3, 2011

A week with Ewald


This has been quite an informative week for me. While Julie was gone I was taken in by the staff at MPhA and helped them get everything together for this weekend’s Mid-Winter Conference (Enhancing Oncology Patient Care). There are so many things that go into making this event. It has been great getting to help with a project that is so relevant to pharmacist professional development.

I also joined Matt Lemke at the state capital for a tour and to get my bearings before getting into this years legislative session. I now know the key functions that go into making a new bill. It just so happened that yesterday (1/20/11), just before my first solo trip to the capital, Governor Dayton released news about the state’s GAMC. The date has been moved up from October to March of this year and getting eligible Minnesotans access to Medicaid sooner. I sat in on the afternoon meeting that listened to testimony from the people that will be involved with seeing over this project. This accelerated enrollment will be exciting to watch during my time with MPhA and at the capital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment