Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Learning about advocacy, legislation and the administrative side of MPhA

Hello MPhA Members!  I am so excited to spend my next 5 weeks learning about advocacy, legislation and the administrative side of MPhA— in order to meet the needs of the changing pharmacy environment!  My name is Gina Rozinka and I am a 4th year student from the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy. I grew up in Plymouth Minnesota and attended the University of Minnesota College of Biological Sciences, receiving a Bachelor of Science in Genetics, Cell Biology & Development with a minor in Leadership. During my time at the College of Pharmacy, I was actively involved with Phi Delta Chi professional fraternity, Phi Lambda Sigma Honor Society and College Board, serving in various leadership roles. These organizations allowed me to meet many wonderful faculty and staff, as well as my colleagues on the Duluth Campus!

During my first week, I had the opportunity to meet with several State Senators and Representatives to discuss the proposed audit standardization bill, expanding MTM eligibility and pharmaceutical waste. I also toured the state capital, learned some fun trivia about the building (did you know we have the 2nd largest marble dome in the world?) and experienced democracy first hand! Nate and I also attended the Board of Pharmacy proposed rule change comment session. The session allowed Board of Pharmacy members to interpret, evaluate and alter the existing proposed rule packet based on the comments received from the public.  It was very interesting to see how the new rules affect each area of practice!  We will be attending the Board of Pharmacy hearing with the administrative law judge next Thursday so check back next week for an update!


Gina E. Rozinka

PharmD Candidate Class of 2011
University of Minnesota
College of Pharmacy

No comments:

Post a Comment