Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 1: student Chandler

Hello MPhA members. I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself as I begin a five week rotation here in the St Paul office. My name is Nate Chandler and I’m in my fourth year of pharmacy studies at the U of M- Duluth campus. My roots are in rural Wisconsin, and still enjoy returning there to visit friends and family. Prior to my pharmacy education, I held a career in plastics manufacturing where I enjoyed several great experiences, including numerous medical device projects. A move westward to Arizona provided me the opportunity to escape the Midwest cold and snow and begin my undergraduate studies. My goal of entering a PharmD program brought me back to Minnesota and I’m happy to be planning my future here as rotations are wrapping up soon. 

As a pharmacist, I hope to be well-rounded and deliver the service and care that my patients deserve. Part of that, I believe, involves having a broad base of knowledge about events that happen outside the doors of the pharmacy which can shape the practice in significant ways. I am very happy to have this learning experience with everyone here at MPhA. I hope to use my time here to learn about the interaction between the profession and the legal processes that shape the future of the practice. We will be spending time at the capitol, meeting with representatives, and provide education to the lawmakers of the state about the bills and issues that are of immediate and future concern to our profession. Building upon the clinical training we have worked on for the past four years, this experience will most certainly be unlike any I have had in the past. I will attempt to keep everyone up to date as we move forward. Stay tuned! 

Nate Chandler
University of Minnesota-Duluth
College of Pharmacy
PharmD Class of 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment