Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lindsay - Week 1

Greetings! My name is Lindsay Sorge and I am currently on rotation at MPhA. I graduated from the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy last May and now am a Pharmaceutical Care Leadership Resident at the U of M. 

During the past week, my eyes were opened even more to how important the association and its members are for pharmacists in the state of Minnesota. There are continually changes in legislation and policy discussed that affect pharmacy. It is important to have a voice in those processes and MPhA is that voice. The Minnesota Health Reform Task Force has been meeting and there have been such interesting discussions about payment reform and workforce issues. Since I am currently at MPhA, I was able to be in the room during the discussions instead of at home reading the minutes from these meetings. I have also been visiting legislators with Zach, pharmacy student, to discuss issues important this session. This is definitely the place to take an active role in your profession and work for and with your colleagues to advance pharmacy practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment