Friday, February 17, 2012

Signing Off (for now)


Hello MPhA! Sadly, it is my last day here at MPhA offices.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and am grateful for the opportunity to serve all the great Pharmacists and members across the state for the past 5 weeks.  I have participated in a plethora of meetings, activities, committees, and events and really appreciated the unique experiences and knowledge gained.

Wrapping up the final week was a flurry of scheduling appointments and working on the agenda for legislative day – next Tuesday Feb. 21st.  We also had many great encounters with legislators last week regarding the Pharmacy Audit Integrity Act and electronic prescribing of controlled substances.  I also had the pleasure of attending a very informative meeting at the College where some excellent education was provided to students who will be attending legislative day. 

Outside of the activities at the capitol and surrounding professional advocacy, another productive meeting of the community pharmacy business community transpired.  A great deal of information was shared at this meeting and we are all looking forward to future meetings of the group. 

Healthcare reform has been a constant on the agenda for the association’s work and this week was no exception as I had some additional meetings regarding ACOs (accountable care organizations) and some opportunities for community pharmacists in the very near future.

I will be passing the torch to the very capable hands of Lindsay Sorge, leadership resident, and Sean Kenny, next PharmD IV student.  Stay tuned to hear from them, as I am excited to watch their progress in all the great work the association does.  Although I will physically be in Duluth for the next 5 weeks, my work with the association will not end and you will still hear from me in the future.  I am excited to start my rotation with Dr. Schneiderhan at the Human Development Center, and am also encouraged by the fact that he is very active in MPhA.  Once again, I appreciate the opportunity to serve the pharmacy community for Minnesota and look forward to all the association can accomplish in the future.

Thank you and best regards to all,

Zach Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment