Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Final post by Resident Lindsay Sorge

New Orleans was a great host to APhA last weekend! Amazing food and music... and a fun meeting! I was fortunate to meet many people and see old friends. I participated in the House of Delegates representing Minnesota. I learned so much regarding APhA policy, Roberts Rules, and how to diplomatically present your thoughts. I learned the most about the background of the proposed policy or policy changes during the Open Hearings. It was a good forum for the public and delegates to express their concerns or support and it lead to good discussions. The Open Hearings and House of Delegates gave light on each individual state's practice of pharmacy, the issues most important to them, and how they want pharmacy to advance.

This was my final week with Julie and MPhA. It was a fabulous time and learned so much. Thank you for the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment