Friday, March 16, 2012

Sean, Week 3


Hi Everyone,

During the third week of my rotation at MPhA I have completed work on a couple of projects that I started in the previous two week and also started some new ones.  I have wrapped up my work on the immunization webpage update and am excited to see how the results pan out online.  I took a comprehensive approach to working on this project and wanted to provide all of the information that a pharmacist in all areas of practice may require and would more so appreciate having access to. 

This week I continued to work on the continuing education project that is focused at providing independent study opportunities for pharmacists in the community.  I have been working with Renee to obtain the information that we need to accredit the CE material.  To obtain some of the material I have contacted the South Dakota Pharmacist Association, but have not been able to speak to anyone at this time.  I will continue in the next week to try to connect with them so that we can obtain the information we need to continue with the CE implementation. 

Also during the week I was able to attend and participate in MPhA’s professional and public affairs meetings.  These meetings were really interesting and I gained more of an understanding about the focus of MPhA and also about ways in which we can advance the profession of pharmacy.  In the upcoming week we are going to have the board of directors meeting at headquarters and I will continue to update and monitor legislature at the capital.  Look forward to my updates.
-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment