Monday, March 19, 2012

Sean Kenny - Week 4


Hi Everyone,
The Board of Directors meeting on Tuesday the 13th highlighted my fourth week at MPhA.  This recent MPhA board of directors meeting was the second meeting that I have attending in the past year.  My first board of directors meeting was a completely different experience than my second.  At the time of my first board meeting I did not have an appropriate understanding of the focus of the meeting and moreover did not understand the goals of MPhA.  Since the start of my MPhA rotation I have gained a greater appreciation for MPhA as an organization.  I now understand the role of MPhA in advancing the profession of pharmacy.  While on rotation I have been able to participate in MPhA meetings, observe meetings at the capital related to pharmacy practice, and update information on the website creating resources for members.  As a result of these experiences I was able to follow most of the information discussed at the most board of directors meeting and even contribute to some of the discussion.  What I have taken away from my experiences at MPhA is the importance of the professional organization and what it means to advocate for the profession of pharmacy.     

Later in the week I had my leadership presentation and class meeting, which made me excited about finishing up my pharmacy education.  Studying pharmacy at the college has been a long and interesting process.  Only now do I feel like I am getting the big picture about what pharmacy means and what I want to do with it.  I am excited about the future and hope that I can act as an advocate and support for my fellow pharmacists in the community. 

During the next week I am planning on finishing up work on a couple of projects, spending a day at the capital with Matt, writing a report about student loan repayment options, and wrapping up.  It seems like these past four weeks have flown by and I know that the last will go even quicker.  My next blog will contain more information about lasting impressions.  Keep an eye out for it.

Sean  

No comments:

Post a Comment