Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Welcome Resident Anusha Raju

My name is Anusha Raju and I am currently a first-year pharmaceutical care leadership resident, on my five-week rotation with MPhA. I grew up in New Jersey, where my father has owned an independent pharmacy for the past 20 years. I went to pharmacy school at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. Throughout my practice and development in these various settings, I have never seen a state association do as much as Minnesota Pharmacists Association.

This first week was relatively quiet, but I was able to learn about what MPhA does. From the advocacy, events, and continuing education opportunities, MPhA truly serves as a voice for Minnesota Pharmacists. However, it is up to members to be proactive to really make their membership count. This is done best by talking to legislators, participating in committees, and being a role model to future pharmacists as leaders for the advancement of the profession. Pharmacists can only see a value in their profession and state organizations by being active.

For the next few weeks, I hope to gain more insight into MPhA by leading discussion tables at Pharmacy Nights, participating in committees, going to legislative sessions, and completing a few projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment