Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Business

Untitled Document

It’s hard to believe that this rotation is already half over; the time has gone by very quickly!

I started my week early by attending the Fall Symposium at the Ewald Conference Center. I learned about current events for pharmacy including progress on JNC-8 and upcoming changes to Medicare Part D. On Wednesday, I attended my first Board of Pharmacy meeting. To those students who haven’t taken this opportunity yet – I highly recommend it! Attending the Board meeting gave me a new perspective on how state statutes affect the practice of pharmacy here in Minnesota. There were several interesting presentations given while I was there, including the new Walgreens model proposition. I rounded out my week by attending the MSHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and getting more information on the residencies available to me here in Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment