Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The End?.....I Think Not!

Today is the last day of my 5-week Leading Change rotation with MPhA, and it has been a blast!  I am so sad that it has come to an end, but am I am confident that the things I have learned will benefit me in my upcoming rotations and more importantly, in my future career.  I especially thank my wonderful preceptor, Julie Johnson, for her mentorship and for all that she does for the members of MPhA. 

I am also grateful to have been a part of MPhA during a time of significant positive change in the organization.  What kind of change, you ask? Well, for one thing, MPhA made an important change in how the association is managed and how members are served by contracting with Ewald Consulting, the premier association management company in Minnesota.  Now experts in association management are working to provide MPhA members with the highest quality newsletters, educational opportunities, events, and more, and I have been lucky enough to meet and work with some of these people at Ewald during my time at MPhA.

Perhaps the biggest change that MPhA has recently initiated is the introduction of the Organizational Memberships.  Now pharmacists and pharmacy technicians not only have the option of obtaining membership as individuals, but several employers have contracted with MPhA to provide membership to all of their pharmacists and technicians!   So far the organizational members include Walgreens, Goodrich Pharmacy, Trumm Drug, and the list is growing.  What does this mean for the association?  It means not only a larger membership pool, but also more energy and activity within the organization, as MPhA works to engage new members to utilize the association and be involved in moving the profession forward.  

So, as sad I am that this rotation has ended, I leave it excited about the future of MPhA.  The association is growing and evolving, so get on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment