Monday, October 8, 2012

5 weeks in review

Untitled Document

Well, my time here at MPhA has come to an end. I am sad to leave. 

I have learned much in my five weeks at MPhA about how an organization is really ran and the things that it takes to keep a machine like this running. I also got to have lunch with Matt Lemke, MPhA’s (and all of pharmacy’s) lobbyist and learned about his job.  Lowell Anderson, Matt Lemke and I also produced a timeline for the new pharmacy practice act revision – which you should all know about and give input on; it’s going to change the way you practice pharmacy in the near future! You can read more about it here:
www.pharmacy.umn.edu/clhc/prod/groups/cop/@pub/@cop/documents/content/cop_content_391552.pdf

I also had the opportunity to present on this new timeline and the DEA ruling on faxed prescriptions at the Policy Affairs and Community Pharmacy Business Coalition meetings.

I am now off to St. Cloud to try my hand at Ambulatory Care with the VA. I am excited for this rotation: as a veteran, I have long looked forward to my opportunity to work with this patient population. However, it is going to be hard to leave Julie Johnson. She has been a great preceptor and mentor; the most important things I learned from this rotation, I learned from watching her interact with others. I am glad to have made a friend in her, which is what made this rotation so great.

Thanks for everything Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment