Wednesday, October 10, 2012

MPhA Welcomes Alyssa Ferrie

Untitled Document

Hello! My name is Alyssa Ferrie. I am a fourth year pharmacy student at the University of MN College of Pharmacy-Twin Cities campus. I am just starting a five week leadership rotation with Julie Johnson here at MPhA. I love to be involved with the college and professional organizations. I am an active member of Kappa Psi, the Minnesota Pharmacy Student Alliance, Phi Lambda Sigma, and several of our state and national professional pharmacy organizations. I am an intern at the University of MN Medical Center-Fairview and work in both the University Discharge and Riverside Inpatient pharmacies. I have enjoyed all of my rotations so far which have included an independent community pharmacy, a patient care elective in mental health at the St. Peter Treatment Facility, and the emergency department at Essentia St. Mary’s in Duluth. I have a BA in Psychology from the University of MN-College of Liberal Arts and have loved every minute of my eight years in Minneapolis.  I am originally from Moorhead, MN (home of the Spuds and the Dilly Bar). My parents still live up North and I try to get up to see them as much as I can. I have one younger brother who is a civil engineer in Wahpeton, ND and we actually like each other! I am true Minnesotan and enjoy spending as much time as I can outdoors camping, canoeing, hunting, fishing, hiking, and biking. I am an active intramural sports participant and play on volleyball, softball, kickball, and flag football teams throughout the year. I may even try my hand at broomball this winter! I live for travel and count my month long backpacking tour of Europe and my four trips to Nicaragua as some of the best experiences of my life. My special talent is making lefse and my guilty pleasure is singing karaoke. I have already learned so much about MPhA and pharmacy in our state and I am looking forward to the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment